THE COURIER - starring Benedict Cumberpatch - ends Thursday
THE COURIER is a true-life spy thriller, the story of an unassuming British businessman Greville Wynne (Benedict Cumberbatch) recruited into one of the greatest international conflicts in history. At the behest of the UK's MI-6 and a CIA operative (Rachel Brosnahan), he forms a covert, dangerous partnership with Soviet officer Oleg Penkovsky (Merab Ninidze) in an effort to provide crucial intelligence needed to prevent a nuclear confrontation and defuse the Cuban Missile Crisis.
"A solid spy drama about ordinary people caught up in Cold War espionage, Dominic Cooke's film is as meat-and-potatoes as its real-life hero." - Hollywood Reporter
"Cumberbatch is absolutely committed to the role, enduring a physical transformation that would impress the likes of Christian Bale." - NY Times
The Battle of the New Century - GODZILLA VS. KONG - Now Rampaging!
Legends collide in "Godzilla vs. Kong" as these mythic adversaries meet in a spectacular battle for the ages, with the fate of the world hanging in the balance. Kong and his protectors undertake a perilous journey to find his true home, and with them is Jia, a young orphaned girl with whom he has formed a unique and powerful bond. But they unexpectedly find themselves in the path of an enraged Godzilla, cutting a swath of destruction across the globe. The epic clash between the two titans--instigated by unseen forces--is only the beginning of the mystery that lies deep within the core of the Earth.
Stars Alexander Skarsgård, Millie Bobby Brown, Rebecca Hall, Kyle Chandler, and Lance Reddick. Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of creature violence/destruction and brief language.
2021 Academy Nominated Animation & Live Action Short FIlms start Friday!
ANIMATED SHORTS (Estimated Running Time: 94 minutes)
Burrow – Madeline Sharafian and Michael Capbarat (USA, 6 min.)
Genius Loci – Adrien Mérigeau and Amaury Ovise (France, 16 min.)
If Anything Happens I Love You – Will McCormack and Michael Govier (USA, 12 min.)
Opera – Erick Oh (USA, 9 min.)
Yes-People – Gísli Darri Halldórsson and Arnar Gunnarsson (Iceland, 8 min.)
PLUS A SELECTION OF ADDITIONAL ANIMATED SHORTS (from the shortlist):
The Snail and the Whale (UK/Germany, 26 min.)
Kapaemahu (USA, 7 min.)
To Gerard (USA, 8 min.)
LIVE ACTION SHORTS (Estimated Running Time: 125 minutes)
Feeling Through – Doug Roland and Susan Ruzenski (USA, 19 min.)
The Letter Room – Elvira Lind and Sofia Sondervan (USA, 33 min.)
The Present – Farah Nabulsi (Palestine, 25 min.)
Two Distant Strangers – Travon Free and Martin Desmond Roe (USA, 25 min.)
White Eye – Tomer Shushan and Shira Hochman (Israel, 21 min.)
Annual Guess the Oscars Contest!
You can also enter online at: YES Cinema & Conference Center - Movie Times in Columbus, Indiana
RENT OUR THEATRE FOR PRIVATE PARTIES! - Starting at $99
YES CINEMA PRIVATE VIEWING PARTY INFORMATION
How many people can I bring to a YES Cinema Private Viewing Party?
* You may bring up to 20 guests including yourself. Prices range from $99 for fan favorites-$149 for new releases. You can add additional attendees to your party for $5 per person, up to 50 guests.
What movie can we watch?
* Choose from one of our all-time, fan-favorite movies or a new release. Contact our Events Coordinator at 812-350-3051 to hear the available selections.
Are there any restrictions?
* YES Cinema Private Viewing Parties are being offered for a limited time. They are for private use only. Seats/tickets cannot be resold and tax exemptions and credits are not applicable. All pricing is subject to change and there are no substitutions or rainchecks. Movie selection is subject to change. Price does not include tax or applicable online fees. Offer includes auditorium rental for one selected film only. No Outside Food, Candy or Beverages can be brought into YES Cinema.
What are you doing to keep your guests, employees and theatres clean and safe?
* The health and well-being of our guests, employees and community is our top priority. We follow the "Safe & Clean YES Cinema” criteria and protocols, i.e. safe seating distancing, enhanced cleaning procedures, plastic shields, additional hand sanitizer stations and more.
Do we need to wear masks?
* Yes. For the safety of our guests, employees, and communities, and in accordance with Indiana state-wide mandates, we require that face masks be worn throughout our entire facility. Masks may be removed when eating and drinking inside the auditorium. Guests will have their temperatures taken before entering the Lobby.
What should I do before arriving at the theatre for my Private Viewing Party?
* Your movie will begin at the scheduled show time, so please plan to arrive together at least 30 minutes prior to allow sufficient time to purchase concessions.
Can I decorate the auditorium for my Private Viewing Party?
* Due to safety and cleaning concerns as well as overall movie presentation quality, decorations are not permitted in the auditorium at this time.
*Please ensure that all guests exit the auditorium promptly so our employees have adequate time for cleaning and sanitizing.
*Goody bags may be distributed as guests exit the auditorium, but we ask that they not contain food, candy or beverages.
If I have additional questions or concerns, who should I call?
* Please Contact our Events Coordinator at 812-350-3051 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
YES Cinema - More Clean than Ever!
- Staff wearing masks and gloves
- Plastic partitions throughout lobby and bar areas
- Temperatures taken at the time of arrival
- Seats grouped in blocks to ensure physical distancing
- Restrooms monitored
- Extra cleaning regimens
- Six foot distancing with one customer transaction at a time
- a friendly reminder that the State of Indiana’s mask mandate is in effect, which includes YES Cinema
- Once seated, customers may remove the mask while eating
- Same friendly staff
- Same great concessions
- YES still shows the best
- We are cleaner, fresher and safer than ever before
We're always glad to see our guests at YES Cinema, but because of our liquor license, no food or drink can be carried inside. This even applies to water bottles. (Of course, we sell a variety of food and drink items - including Dasani water, and we have a water fountain)
YES Cinema and Conference Center provides the perfect setting for a wide range of events - from meetings and parties to special movie screeings. Contact us at 812-350-3051 or email at email@example.com
Plenty of FREE Parking for YES Customers!
Free parking on the streets and the City Garage at 4th & Jackson
Hours – 6:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Monday – Friday (see daily parking rates)
After hours and weekends – FREE
Free parking is also available at The Cole Garage at 3rd & Jackson
Open to Public (free) – Monday-Friday evenings and weekends
For security concerns, no backpacks are allowed at YES Cinema. This includes kiddie backpacks. If guests must enter our theatre with a backpack, we will ask to keep it for them - or it may be subject to search. We appreciate everyone's understanding in this measure to ensure everyone's safety.
YES Cinema Trivia!
What film was playing when the Great Flood of 2008 hit Columbus and knocked out our power? - The Rolling Stones "Shine a Light"
What was the first film shown at YES Cinema? - WHITE CHRISTMAS played at Christmas in 2004
What film holds the box office record at YES? - COLUMBUS (2017) of course!
When did the YES Film Festival begin? - 2010 (We moved from November of one year to May 18 months later… so we missed one year).
YESfest has screened films with major stars, such as Richard Dreyfus and Tatiana Maslany (both proud Canadians), Sean Astin, Dick Van Dyle, and Eli Wallach (in his last film)
When did the Lincoln-Central Neighborhood Family Center open? - June, 1994 (Celebrating 25 years!)
Newest Manager Dawn Bieberle is also the Self-Sufficiency Coach for the Bartholomew County Works program
The 2019 YES Film Festival Audience Award Winner for Short Films was given to MIDWESTERN, filmed partly in Hope, Indiana and directed by Nick Rieth, and co-produced by Hope's own Daniel Anderson
Chevrolet of Columbus - A Valued Sponsor of YES Cinema!
We are happy to have Chevrolet of Columbus as an official Sponsor of YES Cinema Programming. Our friends at Chevrolet of Columbus strongly believe in the importance of community! This new partnership will help the LCNFC better meet the needs of those we serve! We urge you to visit Chevrolet of Columbus in person and while you are there please tell them how much you appreciate their support of the LCNFC and YES Cinema!
Visit their facility at 2825 Merchant Mile, next to Sam's Club.
All tickets purchased are non-refundable with no exchanges. Films and Events are subject to change.
YES Cinema does not show films in 3D.