RENT OUR THEATRE FOR PRIVATE PARTIES! - Many days are available!
YES CINEMA PRIVATE VIEWING PARTY INFORMATION
How many people can I bring to a YES Cinema Private Viewing Party?
* You may bring up to 20 guests including yourself. Prices range from $99 for fan favorites-$149 for new releases. You can add additional attendees to your party for $5 per person, up to 50 guests.
What movie can we watch?
* Choose from one of our all-time, fan-favorite movies or a new release. Contact our Events Coordinator at 812-350-3051 to hear the available selections.
Are there any restrictions?
* YES Cinema Private Viewing Parties are being offered for a limited time. They are for private use only. Seats/tickets cannot be resold and tax exemptions and credits are not applicable. All pricing is subject to change and there are no substitutions or rainchecks. Movie selection is subject to change. Price does not include tax or applicable online fees. Offer includes auditorium rental for one selected film only. No Outside Food, Candy or Beverages can be brought into YES Cinema.
What are you doing to keep your guests, employees and theatres clean and safe?
* The health and well-being of our guests, employees and community is our top priority. We follow the "Safe & Clean YES Cinema” criteria and protocols, i.e. safe seating distancing, enhanced cleaning procedures, plastic shields, additional hand sanitizer stations and more.
Do we need to wear masks?
* Yes. For the safety of our guests, employees, and communities, and in accordance with Indiana state-wide mandates, we require that face masks be worn throughout our entire facility. Masks may be removed when eating and drinking inside the auditorium. Guests will have their temperatures taken before entering the Lobby.
What should I do before arriving at the theatre for my Private Viewing Party?
* Your movie will begin at the scheduled show time, so please plan to arrive together at least 30 minutes prior to allow sufficient time to purchase concessions.
Can I decorate the auditorium for my Private Viewing Party?
* Due to safety and cleaning concerns as well as overall movie presentation quality, decorations are not permitted in the auditorium at this time.
*Please ensure that all guests exit the auditorium promptly so our employees have adequate time for cleaning and sanitizing.
*Goody bags may be distributed as guests exit the auditorium, but we ask that they not contain food, candy or beverages.
If I have additional questions or concerns, who should I call?
* Please Contact our Events Coordinator at 812-350-3051.
The new musical film, THE PROM, coming to YES CInema December 4th!
With an all-star cast: Meryl Streep, Nicole Kidman, James Corden, Keegan Michael-Key, Kerry Washington, Mary Kay Place
The Broadway production of “The Prom” was said to be a pure delight and a real crowd-pleaser. The plot revolved around a group of flamboyant, self-obsessed Broadway actors, badly in need of good publicity after a huge flop, who converge on a small, conservative town in Indiana (ahem) to help a high school girl who is being denied the opportunity to take her girlfriend to the prom. It was not only relevant, but also full of old-fashioned high-energy song and dance and lots of laughs with heart.
Producer-director Ryan Murphy scooped up rights for a film version, attaching major names to star like Meryl Streep and Nicole Kidman for starters, and quickly getting Netflix (where he has a major producing deal) on board to back it
The film not only matches the stage show for pure entertainment, it tops it. This is a return to musicals the way Hollywood used to regularly turn them out in its Golden Era, and with a name cast at the very height of their games it will put a smile on a lot of faces this season, just as it is needed most. If you ask me it also is a real awards contender, not just at the Golden Globes where it could dominate its Comedy/Musical category, but also at the Oscars where voters just might have had enough of dark stories or molasses-paced indies, and want to see something instead that might light up their spirits in these dreary times. – from an article by Pete Hammond, Deadline
TOM HANKS STARS in NEWS OF THE WORLD - CHRISTMAS DAY AT YES CINEMA!
This Christmas, Universal Pictures and YES Cinema is proud to present Tom Hanks starring in “News of the World,” a moving story written and directed by Paul Greengrass, reuniting for the first time with his star from their 2013 Best Picture nominee Captain Phillips.
Five years after the end of the Civil War, Captain Jefferson Kyle Kidd (Hanks), a veteran of three wars, now moves from town to town as a non-fiction storyteller, sharing the news of presidents and queens, glorious feuds, devastating catastrophes, and gripping adventures from the far reaches of the globe.
In the plains of Texas, he crosses paths with Johanna (Helena Zengel), a 10-year-old taken in by the Kiowa people six years earlier and raised as one of their own. Johanna, hostile to a world she’s never experienced, is being returned to her biological aunt and uncle against her will.
Kidd agrees to deliver the child where the law says she belongs. As they travel hundreds of miles into the unforgiving wilderness, the two will face tremendous challenges of both human and natural forces as they search for a place that either can call home.
News of the World is directed by Greengrass (the Bourne films, United 93) from his screenplay with Luke Davies (Lion), based on the National Book Award finalist and best-selling novel by Paulette Jiles. Also starring Ray McKinnon, Mare Winningham, Elizabeth Marvel.
YES Cinema - More Clean than Ever!
- Staff wearing masks and gloves
- Plastic partitions throughout lobby and bar areas
- Temperatures taken at the time of arrival
- Seats grouped in blocks to ensure physical distancing
- Restrooms monitored
- Extra cleaning regimens
- Six foot distancing with one customer transaction at a time
- a friendly reminder that the State of Indiana’s mask mandate is in effect, which includes YES Cinema
- Once seated, customers may remove the mask while eating
- Same friendly staff
- Same great concessions
- YES still shows the best
- We are cleaner, fresher and safer than ever before
We're always glad to see our guests at YES Cinema, but because of our liquor license, no food or drink can be carried inside. This even applies to water bottles. (Of course, we sell a variety of food and drink items - including Dasani water, and we have a water fountain)
YES Cinema and Conference Center provides the perfect setting for a wide range of events - from meetings and parties to special movie screeings. Contact us at 812-350-3051 or email at email@example.com
Plenty of FREE Parking for YES Customers!
Free parking on the streets and the City Garage at 4th & Jackson
Hours – 6:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Monday – Friday (see daily parking rates)
After hours and weekends – FREE
Free parking is also available at The Cole Garage at 3rd & Jackson
Open to Public (free) – Monday-Friday evenings and weekends
For security concerns, no backpacks are allowed at YES Cinema. This includes kiddie backpacks. If guests must enter our theatre with a backpack, we will ask to keep it for them - or it may be subject to search. We appreciate everyone's understanding in this measure to ensure everyone's safety.
YES Cinema Trivia!
What film was playing when the Great Flood of 2008 hit Columbus and knocked out our power? - The Rolling Stones "Shine a Light"
What was the first film shown at YES Cinema? - WHITE CHRISTMAS played at Christmas in 2004
What film holds the box office record at YES? - COLUMBUS (2017) of course!
When did the YES Film Festival begin? - 2010 (We moved from November of one year to May 18 months later… so we missed one year).
YESfest has screened films with major stars, such as Richard Dreyfus and Tatiana Maslany (both proud Canadians), Sean Astin, Dick Van Dyle, and Eli Wallach (in his last film)
When did the Lincoln-Central Neighborhood Family Center open? - June, 1994 (Celebrating 25 years!)
Newest Manager Dawn Bieberle is also the Self-Sufficiency Coach for the Bartholomew County Works program
The 2019 YES Film Festival Audience Award Winner for Short Films was given to MIDWESTERN, filmed partly in Hope, Indiana and directed by Nick Rieth, and co-produced by Hope's own Daniel Anderson
Chevrolet of Columbus - A Valued Sponsor of YES Cinema!
We are happy to have Chevrolet of Columbus as an official Sponsor of YES Cinema Programming. Our friends at Chevrolet of Columbus strongly believe in the importance of community! This new partnership will help the LCNFC better meet the needs of those we serve! We urge you to visit Chevrolet of Columbus in person and while you are there please tell them how much you appreciate their support of the LCNFC and YES Cinema!
Visit their facility at 2825 Merchant Mile, next to Sam's Club.
All tickets purchased are non-refundable with no exchanges. Films and Events are subject to change.
YES Cinema does not show films in 3D.