Now Playing - IN THE HEIGHTS and PETER RABBIT 2
The creator of "Hamilton" and the director of "Crazy Rich Asians" invite you to the event of the summer, where the streets are made of music and little dreams become big... "In the Heights." Lights up on Washington Heights... The scent of a cafecito caliente hangs in the air just outside of the 181st Street subway stop, where a kaleidoscope of dreams rallies this vibrant and tight-knit community. At the intersection of it all is the likable, magnetic bodega owner Usnavi (Anthony Ramos), who saves every penny from his daily grind as he hopes, imagines and sings about a better life. "In the Heights" fuses Lin-Manuel Miranda's kinetic music and lyrics with director Jon M. Chu's lively and authentic eye for storytelling to capture a world very much of its place, but universal in its experience.
BLACK WIDOW comes to YES Cinema July 8 - tickets on sale now!
In Marvel Studios' action-packed spy thriller "Black Widow," Natasha Romanoff aka Black Widow confronts the darker parts of her ledger when a dangerous conspiracy with ties to her past arises. Pursued by a force that will stop at nothing to bring her down, Natasha must deal with her history as a spy and the broken relationships left in her wake long before she became an Avenger.
Crossroads Film - Juneteenth Event - Saturday, June 19th at 11:00am
Crossroads Stories is a series of filmed interviews with community members in Columbus, Indiana. Through an emotional yet hopeful exposition, these Black community members highlight the racial disparities that exist in what is often referred to as "small-town America".
Written and produced by Alyse Tucker Bounds and in partnership with the film talents of Ryan Furr Creative, this short documentary aims to start the conversation about race in small towns, and how we can continue to make our cities better, safer places for everyone to live.
Following the (free) film will be a panel discussion with members of the community. Register for free tickets at: www.eventbrite.com/e/crossroads-stories-film-tickets-158602280691
The African American Fund of Bartholomew County
The Heritage Fund of Bartholomew County
RENT OUR THEATRE FOR PRIVATE PARTIES! - Starting at $99
YES CINEMA PRIVATE VIEWING PARTY INFORMATION
How many people can I bring to a YES Cinema Private Viewing Party?
* You may bring up to 20 guests including yourself. Prices range from $99 for fan favorites-$149 for new releases. You can add additional attendees to your party for $5 per person, up to 50 guests.
What movie can we watch?
* Choose from one of our all-time, fan-favorite movies or a new release. Contact our Events Coordinator at 812-350-3051 to hear the available selections.
Are there any restrictions?
* YES Cinema Private Viewing Parties are being offered for a limited time. They are for private use only. Seats/tickets cannot be resold and tax exemptions and credits are not applicable. All pricing is subject to change and there are no substitutions or rainchecks. Movie selection is subject to change. Price does not include tax or applicable online fees. Offer includes auditorium rental for one selected film only. No Outside Food, Candy or Beverages can be brought into YES Cinema.
What are you doing to keep your guests, employees and theatres clean and safe?
* The health and well-being of our guests, employees and community is our top priority. We follow the "Safe & Clean YES Cinema” criteria and protocols, i.e. safe seating distancing, enhanced cleaning procedures, plastic shields, additional hand sanitizer stations and more.
Do we need to wear masks?
* Masks are suggested but not required. The CDC has stated that fully vaccinated people do not need to wear masks
What should I do before arriving at the theatre for my Private Viewing Party?
* Your movie will begin at the scheduled show time, so please plan to arrive together at least 30 minutes prior to allow sufficient time to purchase concessions.
Can I decorate the auditorium for my Private Viewing Party?
* Due to safety and cleaning concerns as well as overall movie presentation quality, decorations are not permitted in the auditorium at this time.
*Please ensure that all guests exit the auditorium promptly so our employees have adequate time for cleaning and sanitizing.
*Goody bags may be distributed as guests exit the auditorium, but we ask that they not contain food, candy or beverages.
If I have additional questions or concerns, who should I call?
* Please Contact our Events Coordinator at 812-350-3051 or email at email@example.com
YES Cinema - More Clean than Ever!
We are in a time of transition but still following CDC protocols
- Plastic partitions throughout lobby and bar areas
- Temperature station at entrance
- Masks are suggested but not required - fully vaccinated guests can go without a mask
- Seats grouped in blocks to ensure physical distancing
- Restrooms monitored
- Extra cleaning regimens
- Six foot distancing with one customer transaction at a time
- Same friendly staff (same old faces - and some new young faces!)
- Same great concessions
- YES still shows the best
- We are cleaner, fresher and safer than ever before
We're always glad to see our guests at YES Cinema, but because of our liquor license, no food or drink can be carried inside. This even applies to water bottles. (Of course, we sell a variety of food and drink items - including Dasani water, and we have a water fountain)
YES Cinema and Conference Center provides the perfect setting for a wide range of events - from meetings and parties to special movie screeings. Contact us at 812-350-3051 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Plenty of FREE Parking for YES Customers!
Free parking on the streets and the City Garage at 4th & Jackson
Hours – 6:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Monday – Friday (see daily parking rates)
After hours and weekends – FREE
Free parking is also available at The Cole Garage at 3rd & Jackson
Open to Public (free) – Monday-Friday evenings and weekends
For security concerns, no backpacks are allowed at YES Cinema. This includes kiddie backpacks. If guests must enter our theatre with a backpack, we will ask to keep it for them - or it may be subject to search. We appreciate everyone's understanding in this measure to ensure everyone's safety.
YES Cinema Trivia!
What film was playing when the Great Flood of 2008 hit Columbus and knocked out our power? - The Rolling Stones "Shine a Light"
What was the first film shown at YES Cinema? - WHITE CHRISTMAS played at Christmas in 2004
What film holds the box office record at YES? - COLUMBUS (2017) of course!
When did the YES Film Festival begin? - 2010 (We moved from November of one year to May 18 months later… so we missed one year).
YESfest has screened films with major stars, such as Richard Dreyfus and Tatiana Maslany (both proud Canadians), Sean Astin, Dick Van Dyle, and Eli Wallach (in his last film)
When did the Lincoln-Central Neighborhood Family Center open? - June, 1994 (Celebrating 25 years!)
Newest Manager Dawn Bieberle is also the Self-Sufficiency Coach for the Bartholomew County Works program
The 2019 YES Film Festival Audience Award Winner for Short Films was given to MIDWESTERN, filmed partly in Hope, Indiana and directed by Nick Rieth, and co-produced by Hope's own Daniel Anderson
Chevrolet of Columbus - A Valued Sponsor of YES Cinema!
We are happy to have Chevrolet of Columbus as an official Sponsor of YES Cinema Programming. Our friends at Chevrolet of Columbus strongly believe in the importance of community! This new partnership will help the LCNFC better meet the needs of those we serve! We urge you to visit Chevrolet of Columbus in person and while you are there please tell them how much you appreciate their support of the LCNFC and YES Cinema!
Visit their facility at 2825 Merchant Mile, next to Sam's Club.
All tickets purchased are non-refundable with no exchanges. Films and Events are subject to change.
YES Cinema does not show films in 3D.